Do you think content is overrated? Do you think that SEO is overrated? Do you think that Social Media is overrated? Do you think that business consulting is overrated? Whatever else you’re spending your time, effort, and money on is it overrated?
I have done my fair share business consulting, web analyzing, and content creating. While, I am doing this I get the same question asked just about every time. Why doesn’t _______ (you fill the blank from any of what I shared above) work for me?
I see this exact same scenario probably at least once a week.
If you feel as if your business is in the same boat of the scenario shared above. Where you feel you have done everything right. You have everything in line, and everything thought of is being implement. Here are your options and I am just laying them for you.
- Fire them. If you have a business coach, a social media manager, SEO consultant, content writer, and whoever else you have hired fire them right now. I am dead serious don’t wait another second send the email, call them up, or whatever it takes and fire them. Don’t balk do it right now FIRE THEM!If they don’t understand your business, understand what your needs are and don’t see the value in what your trying to create. Find a completely new team that does understand and wants to buy into the efforts that you have already worked so hard to create.
- Keep going. Trying to make money, “living the dream”, and looking for the next big thing. Go out and do some more hustling, make some more sales, and get your name out there in the branding spotlight to be able to leverage it for more success.
- Fire Everyone. Yes, fire everyone including yourself, because if you cannot create something that will sell, than its time to face the cold hard fact of reality my friend. Quit and go find yourself a good 9 to 5 job where you can make it.
I am not here to baby anyone, and if you want to be successful in a highly competitive business world. Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes the truth is your product or service sucks!
Let me share with you some real hard honest facts:
- Content create links
- Content creates leads
- Content creates traffic
- Content creates sales for crappy products and services
- Content creates sales for outstanding product and services
Content cannot create that Ford Truck that grandpa is still driving with close to 200K miles on it. Content is not the reason you see people lining up and obsessed with the next hot cell phone. The bottom line is content can never replace any happy and satisfied customer with a quality product in hand or service experience.
Everything else is just overrated!