Did you know that could you write the most articulate copy in the world, but still stink. Yes, you read that correctly even some of the best copywriters don’t get the results they want or the sales.
Why? I am glad you asked. I am going to be answering this with 10 simple reasons of why your copy might stink.
What I am trying to say is that it takes more than just words on a page crafted ever so perfectly to drive a customer to meaningful marketing response. So here are my top ten reasons your copy still stinks.
10. You’re over confident. If you are always so selfish, self centered, or even coming across arrogant you’re making a big mistake. Start focusing more on your audience, and there needs to be able to deliver the information to meet those needs.
9. Cut the Fluff. Yes you read it correctly. Just give people what they want without all the fluff. Don’t send them down this long story chance. Write it the way it is.
8. Don’t be overly forceful. It’s not 1980 anymore and the hard sales copy is out the window and has not worked for quite some time now. Everyone can see through your hard nose “sales tactics”, and it’s becoming a major turn off these days. Always consider your targeted audience, and better understand them before using any type of hard sales copy.
7. You’re not trustworthy. Building trust, relationship, and following through will get you farther than any over hyped claim that we know will never happened. Customers are looking for somewhere to connect and share with others based off trusting you.
6. You’re not listening to feedback. The most important aspect of your copy is having people read it. If no one is reading your copy then it’s a complete waste of time. Always ask for customer, peer, or even friends feedback on your copy. Adjust accordingly to make it more appealing to your target audience.
5. You’re mind-numbing. No is going to be able to sit down and read through ANY dull or mind-numbing copy. It’s just the fact jack. Instead be creative, engage your customers, and give a good call to action with a bit of urgency with twist of entertainment.
4. You’re not attracting your targeted audience. You’re completely wasting money and time if your copy is not getting in front of your targeted audience. Solution is discovering where your targeted audiences are and start breaking into those spaces.
3. You’re not researching enough. Do your homework. Understand human physiology and what drives and compels the mind into action and especially written copy. Research some more and completely become a master within your targeted niche.
2. You’re limiting the vision. You have to get out there in several different avenues while all saying the same quality copy. Being able to integrate the same overall message over several different platforms while giving it a coherent and complete message is must in today’s marketing world.
1. You’re saying nonsense. You have to write in a manner that your targeted audience is not only to accept, but understand as well. If you’re talking to experts you must educate like an expert, if your talking to beginners you must share information at a beginner level. Eliminate overhyped, buzzed, and even extra slang. Deliver the matching style and tone that is best suited for your targeted audience.
Your Next Step
Don’t just read this information and move on. Stop for a second and read over it again. Than if you liked it share what kind of action step your going to put in place in the comment section below.