The next time someone offers a kind gesture to reach out and help you, be ready will saying yes to these practical strategies.
Are you willing or ready for a little helping hand up. So many times in our culture we seem to be so busy and ill prepared for those little windows of opportunity where someone offers a little helping hand up. Sometimes we are just to busy, not prepared for it, or not willing to take someone up on the offer.
I want to share with you today some practical ways to be prepared for the next opportunity someone reaches out and offers some help.
Missing out on these simple types of kind gestures can be huge opportunities lost! The most important is being able to respond in a proper manner that continues to build the relationship with that person. Here are 7 simple and practical strategies suggestions that turn kind gestures into huge business opportunities.
1. Testimony. Having another business or colleague share their personal testimony of how your product or services has helped them can go a long way. These testimonies can be placed on websites, blogs, presentations, and other high traffic spaces. This not only helps create more word of mouth for your, but is a solid encouragement for others to try out your service or product as well.
2. Expand Network. Continue to expand your network by sharing that you would like to be interested to 2 or 3 other potential new customers. This could be as simple as inviting someone else along for lunch, just passing along your information to few other friends that they know of. It will never heard you to continue to grow and expand your network especially when you come an influencer among your network.
3. Partnership. Being able to come together in a partnership that could look a lot of different ways. It could be as simple as sharing the same office space to completely coming together as one business. Partnerships these days are a necessarily and looking to that window of opportunity to share the need of a partnership. Don’t be after to really share your vision and passion behind your ideas and plans. Once you do this you will see how contagious and people will want to join your endeavor even more!
4. Swap Leads. Here is a great opportunity to share different leads. In most cases, someone on the average knows of at least 3 to 5 people or businesses that could potential be interested in your service or product today. Not tomorrow, not might be interested, but these are solid leads are either already using a similar service or product. So step up to the plate and ask for some lead swapping.
5. Share your Best Information. This is a great way to have someone else sharing some of your be information. The opportunities are endless when you start thinking about this. This could be posting your information in a their next newsletter, email, waiting room material, bulletin boards, or direct mail.
6. Attend Next Big Event. The idea behind this is to out your name, face, and information out there to others. The next time there is a public event, party, golf outing, you name it. Make sure that your not only invited, but your front stage and have the opportunity to out there and really mingle amongst so many others. These type of opportunities may seem small, but trust me you start doing them with real entrepreneurship and being intentional of getting your name out there they become huge successes.
7. Direct Contacts. Here is the catch. You call up those direct contacts, and share that your colleague gave them your number. Then ask if you can come back there office next week to share with a simple presentation that will solve their business problem while saving them money. If they say no right way, than ask if you could as least send them out some more information. This is a great way to start getting your foot in the door of some other businesses.
8. **Bonus** Feedback. The people that are the closest to you always have the best and most honest feedback, suggestions, and comments. Make sure you ask straight some of the hard questions, and that you’re willing to effectively accept sometimes the tough answers. Though, don’t’ leave it just asking for feedback, this is the best opportunity to put into place an action to grow from it. Start implementing the information or suggestions that were shared. No wants to help or share their thoughts to have them fall on deaf ears.
Review this list and keep in mind the next time someone offers you a helping hang or even the simple gesture of is there anything else I can help you with. Remember the relationships are a two way and you get a little you must always pay it forward. Business is a great thing, but relationships is what continues to generate more referrals. You can never do business alone, and being able to connect your service or product to the right market.
Also, it’s best practice to develop a reward program for any additional work. Through this program it helps encourage more to continue to send business your way. Remember this program can be set up from anything from a simple thank you card to some huge gifts. Though remember it’s always better to give than to receive. In my personal experience you always seem to get more when you are more generous
What are you thoughts about these simple and practical strategies. Again, you must be prepared, intentional, and ready for huge business opportunities. Share your comments below if you liked this strategies or have any strategies of your own that you would like to share.